which is about Father Christmas and how he prepares for Christmas night. On the first page it describes Father Christmas as having a bright red hat and a big brown sack. It was from the first sentence that I knew I wanted this book, because it meant I could relate the story to making some of Lorie's strawberry cheesecake santa hats (I told you previously that I had all the activities planned out, one of the few times I've been organised and it has payed off I may do it more often lol) you have to check them out they are so cute.
Now I couldn't find any vanilla wafers like Lorie did so I chose to have coconut biscuits as my base and I couldn't be bothered to make a cream cheese filling so I used whipped cream and made my own version of the strawberry and coconut cream Santa hats.
GREEK GHANA MIX STRAWBERRY COCONUT & CREAM SANTA HATS
You will need:
- Strawberries washed and stems cut off
- Round coconut biscuits
- Whipped cream (from spray can)
How to:
- Spray around edges of coconut biscuit with cream
- Place strawberry in the middle
- Add some more cream at the top of the strawberry for the bobble of the hat
Simple isn't it? Plus the kids will have fun creating them.
So you must be wondering about the brown Santa hats. Well I got this idea whilst making baklava, gg wanted to help and so I cut her up some filo pastry into squares and she added some nuts in the middle and scrunched it up into a ball. What a fantastic idea. I got her to repeat the steps again but before she could scrunch it up I made it into a parcel/sack and voila a brown Santa sack.
GREEK GHANA MIX BAKLAVA SANTA SACKS
You will need:
check out my baklava post for ingredients
gg baklava santa sacks how to:
- Brush a few squares of filo with melted butter
- Pull all 4 ends up to the middle
- Twist ends around each other
- Brush sack with melted butter
- Cook gas 4 until golden
- Dip into syrup
- Sieve some icing sugar over the sacks to resemble snow and some orange rind for a chrismasy aroma
We've enjoyed baking our quick and simple festive treats, what festive treats will you be making over the holidays? (",)
Do you want a fun festive food activity that will keep the kids entertained and your guests amused and impressed?








Really cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI think the baklava bags will be an easy way to break my way into making a full blown pan of baklava. I still haven't done it yet...I'm too scared lol. Those Santa hats are absolutely adorable. Maybe we'll leave those for Santa this year, instead of sugar cookies!
ReplyDeleteThat looks really cute and FUN to make!! Yummy!
ReplyDeleteChar~
Thanks Lorie (",)
ReplyDeleteThanks Char. gg and I had lots of fun making them and making alot of mess lol They were tasty and worth the mess (",)
Nikki they are a good start but once you do the sacks I bet you are going to want to try the tray coz the tray has more nuts and pastry layers. (",) I think santa will love his strawberry hats (",)
ReplyDelete