I asked my sister if she could pick up a bottle of mixed chicks leave-in conditioner from her friends hair and beauty shop because I had heard great reviews on it. When she got there her friend told her about the new kid's line, and asked me if I wanted to try mixed chicks kids leave-in conditioner instead. I thought why not? It will probably be better to use on gg being a kid's line. Plus, gg was just getting over her itchy scalp and sores. When I received it I started to doubt my decision. I started to think that I may not get as good results as the standard leave-in because this one would be milder.
It says on the bottle that the product is alcohol, fragrance, colourless and paraben free, with no harsh chemicals. The ingredients: Aqua/ Water, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Emulsifying Wax, Methyl-Gluceth 20, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Silk Amino, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Caprylyl Glycol, Capryl Hydroxamic Acid. Directions: work through wet hair, leave in, allow hair to air dry (no towel) and style. If cold outside, mum or dad can use a diffuser over a low blow-dryer.
Well I had it so I thought stop stressing and just try it, it may be good.
This is the routine we followed for gg:
- I washed gg's hair with curly qs sulphate free shampoo
- Conditioned and detangled her hair with curly qs conditioner, left it in for about 20 minutes then rinsed it out
- I added 10 squirts/pumps (I know it sounds sad to be counting how many pumps I did, but I wanted to know just in case it left her curls too dry or too greasy. I would then know to add more or less leave in next time ) of mixed chicks leave-in into my palm then combed it through her damp hair with my fingers
- Let it air dry.
- I washed my hair with pantene repair and protect
- Detangled and conditioned my hair with pantene repair and protect, I left it on for around 20 minutes then I washed all the conditioner out
- Applied 20squirts/pumps of the leave-in to my damp hair finger combing the product from root to tip
- I left my hair to air dry.
Before bed I braided gg's hair into 5 braids and she slept on her satin pillow case. I tied my hair into a loose bun or as gg and her daddy like to say 'pineapple' (",)
PROS:
- gg's curls were so glossy and defined and there was NO crunchiness (if that's a word lol) just soft natural looking curls.
- My hair was the same glossy, shiny, well defined and no crunchiness. I normally use mousse on my hair so sometimes some of my curls end up being a little too hard but this product was something I never thought was possible for my hair. My hair needs mousse and serum to stop the frizz. Anything cream based is too heavy on my hair and leaves it flat, greasy, stuck together and my curls stretched out, and any other type of product is too light on my curls and leaves them frizzy. But this now, this was amazing it did everything it said it would plus more, it worked on my hair as well as my daughter's (",)
CONS:
- This may be my fault I still need to test this but I like my hair to have volume at the roots but I found my roots a little bit flat. I sometimes wrap my hair up in a t-shirt to add a bit of volume, so I am hoping that will solve my problem, if not then I may spray some voluminising spray on my roots
- When I woke up my curls were looking good still glossy and well defined, but a little flat from where I had been sleeping on them. I wet my hair a little and applied some leave-in through my hair. This time though my curls became a little too greasy and a bit frizzy. I should have left my curls as they were and tipped my head forward and ruffled my hands through the top a bit to freshen them up as they already looked fab.




Looks like the product worked very well on both of your curls! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat review! I love how shiny and curly this product left GG's hair. Amazing.
ReplyDeletePrecious thanks and Im so happy Ive found something we can both use together because our curls are so different I habe to buy different products but now I can save some money and share (",)
ReplyDeleteNikki thanks. I was so amazed at how good this product was. When I applied it to gg's hair it felt like there was only water on her hair so I was skepticle about what kind of hold it would give her curls but when her hair dried her curls were shiny and defined plus her hair felt like there was nothing in it, her hair was so soft like it is when I have brushed her hair into a big fro without any product in it (",)
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of both of you with your pretty curls! I've just started using Mixed Chicks Leave-in (not the kids' version) on my hair, and I've been very impressed. Do you ever clip up your roots to re-lift them? I don't often because well....I just don't have time...but when I do take the time to clip up my roots for a bit in the morning (after sleeping) I find it really helps.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mama M. Ive never clipped my roots Ive never heard of that before, how do you do it? Id love to know because I love my hair to be as big as possible not just the roots but the sides too, can u clip the side roots too, to add more volume?
ReplyDeleteHere are a few videos that demonstrate clipping roots for volume - hope they help!
ReplyDeletehttp://shop.curlisto.com/pages/styling_m_curl.html (fast forward to 4:39 for the clip part)
http://www.ouidad.com/Duckbill-Clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvcC4NVyn8
Thanks Mama M I will definately try it out (",)
ReplyDelete