A few weeks ago we visited some friends and gg fell in love with her friend's toy vacuum cleaner. She wouldn't leave it alone all night she was pushing that vacuum cleaner around trying to get it under the sofa, table and in every corner to make sure she had vacuumed well.
On the way home and for the next few days she kept talking about her friend's vacuum cleaner, and my mum being my mum wanted to give her a surprise and bought gg one of her own (a pink Dyson dc14 vacuum cleaner).
When gg opened her gift she was absolutely shocked and had the biggest smile on her face but waited patiently whilst we put it together and put the batteries in. Once she was let loose on it she was on her mission to clean everywhere and anywhere. The difference between this vacuum cleaner and her friend's was not only did it have sound with 2 different settings, 1 setting you push the hoover and the beads swirl around like dirt in the cylinder and the 2nd setting you take the nozzle off, but it actually SUCKS up dirt, yes it actually sucks it up. I was sold on this toy when I found out it did this, how amazing a vacuum cleaner for a child that actually works. It only picks up light things but still it gives gg the satisfaction of having a REAL vacuum like mummy, doing the exact same job. There's a box at the back that collects the dirt. I also love this toy because when I would tidy up I used to feel sorry for gg because she would either sit and play on her own, watch TV or follow me around on her bike but now she whips out her vacuum cleaner and cleans with me and actually helps too. Bonus.(",).
Plus gg taking part in household chores teaches her personal and social responsibility and allows her to experience both a sense of contribution to our family and a sense of accomplishment and pride. She is so sweet every time I turn my hoover off to change from bottom to nozzle she turns her's off also and changes her's too. When I put mine to one side she places her's next to mine in the exact same position.
The only thing gg wants to change is the sound; not of her's but mine because mine is too loud (",)
Disclaimer: This product was purchased by a member of our family and all opinions are our own.
On the way home and for the next few days she kept talking about her friend's vacuum cleaner, and my mum being my mum wanted to give her a surprise and bought gg one of her own (a pink Dyson dc14 vacuum cleaner).
When gg opened her gift she was absolutely shocked and had the biggest smile on her face but waited patiently whilst we put it together and put the batteries in. Once she was let loose on it she was on her mission to clean everywhere and anywhere. The difference between this vacuum cleaner and her friend's was not only did it have sound with 2 different settings, 1 setting you push the hoover and the beads swirl around like dirt in the cylinder and the 2nd setting you take the nozzle off, but it actually SUCKS up dirt, yes it actually sucks it up. I was sold on this toy when I found out it did this, how amazing a vacuum cleaner for a child that actually works. It only picks up light things but still it gives gg the satisfaction of having a REAL vacuum like mummy, doing the exact same job. There's a box at the back that collects the dirt. I also love this toy because when I would tidy up I used to feel sorry for gg because she would either sit and play on her own, watch TV or follow me around on her bike but now she whips out her vacuum cleaner and cleans with me and actually helps too. Bonus.(",).
Plus gg taking part in household chores teaches her personal and social responsibility and allows her to experience both a sense of contribution to our family and a sense of accomplishment and pride. She is so sweet every time I turn my hoover off to change from bottom to nozzle she turns her's off also and changes her's too. When I put mine to one side she places her's next to mine in the exact same position.
The only thing gg wants to change is the sound; not of her's but mine because mine is too loud (",)
Disclaimer: This product was purchased by a member of our family and all opinions are our own.


Ahh very cute! This is great! Wish there was something similar for me back when I was younger so I could vacuum like my mom!
ReplyDeleteMe too Precious I would of loved it soooo much. I did have a washing machine that would bubble up and make noises but when I went to get gg one they no longer do the bubbling kind so I had to get her one that only makes washing machine noises, so toys are not always better now, gota find comfort in not hqving one lol (",)
ReplyDeleteHow cute is that? My daughter would love one of those...maybe she'd actually keep her room clean, just so she could push that toy around. I love how GG parks her vacuum right next to yours and the pic of her vacuuming under the chair is too cute!
ReplyDeleteNikki if your daughter is anything like mine shell work around the mess with the vaccuum, gg just bangs into anything that is in her way with her vaccuum just so she can have more space lol
ReplyDelete