I have been meaning to post our first time doing 3 strand twists back since October but kept posting about other stuff. Well without anymore delay here it is (",)
- I washed, moisturised (with our homemade itchy scalp spray and homemade shea butter mix), and banded gg's hair the night before so in the morning her hair was dry, well moisturised and nicely stretched.
- Working from the back of her head I grabbed a section, nothing too neat and split it into 3 smaller ones.
- I then took the right section and twisted the whole section clockwise.
- When the whole section was twisted I twisted it anti-clockwise over the other two sections.
- Now my middle section is my new right section. I twisted that section clockwise then anti-clockwise over the other two sections on the left (don't worry if your small twisted sections unravel a bit near the bottom, just make sure when it becomes the right section before you twist it anti-clockwise you re-twist it clockwise first).
- I did the same with my new right section twist first clockwise then anti-clockwise.
- I continued doing this until I got to the end of the hair and repeated the whole process with a new section split into 3 until the whole head was twisted
I left gg's twists in for 5 days. When I unravelled gg's twists we were left with our best ever twist out. gg's hair was so glossy, well moisturised and very defined. 3 strand twists are our new fav (",)
Don't ask me how, but gg for some reason started twisting her belt straps together without anyone showing her. She then got a bit excited when she got praised and I told her that's how I do her hair and then she wanted to twist my hair (",) It felt nice when she wasn't pulling my hair lol but she found it a bit hard to twist because my hair is about 5x longer than her belt straps. I showed her how to do it on my hair but after about 10 minutes she was bored and I was left enjoying 2 strand twisting my hair (",)
I applied some of our whipped shea butter mix on each twist and my hair was left soft and silky. I thought it would be too heavy but I was happily proved wrong. The only thing I didn't like was that my roots were flatter than a pancake lol. I tied them in a low ponytail before bed and in the morning I took the twists out and my curls were fab, looser, soft, and shiny.
I did my twists on my hair when it was wet and that may have caused the flat pancake roots, so next time I will try it on dry hair and see what results I get. I just hope I'm left with volumised roots and frizzy twists. As I'm writing this I am having an idea, maybe I'll twist on dry hair but wet my hair just below the roots to combat the dreaded frizzies.
PREVIEW: As you all know I've been outta action for the past 2 weeks because I injured my toe and therefore I haven't done anything special to gg's hair. As my toe is getting better and the pain is nearly gone I've got the urge to do mini twists on gg's hair. I'm excited and a little bit nervous because I've never done them before and I know they are going to take hours but I'm scared they'll be frizzy within 3 days and I'm going to have to take them out, meaning another whole load of hours taking them out within the space of a few days. Well I'm up for the challenge and hoping they will last me 2 weeks. We'll see! I've washed, moisturised and banded gg's hair. So I will be starting on them tomorrow. Stay tuned to find out how many hours it takes me, and how mini twists look like on gg (",)







I love those 3 strand twists and the twist out--absolutely gorgeous! GG is so daggone adorable, twisting your hair. She did a great job, too!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see and read about the mini twists--nothing wrong with a little frizz in the twists! The clean smooth ones are pretty, but there is nothing cuter than slightly frizzy twists on a little girl!
Thanks Nikki. gg was so ehthuastic trying to twist my hair but when she couldnt do it she started yanking at my head trying to do another style but my ouches and teaching ended up making her board lol I know what you mean about frizzies looking cute, we have them everyday even my hair wont last the whole day without frizzys theyre part of our family (",)
ReplyDeleteLovely twists and curls! That's too cute that she twisted your hair too!
ReplyDeleteThankyou Precious (",)
ReplyDelete