gg loves this book and she sits next to me and reads it to me over and over everyday since we took it out from the library. She looks at the pictures and says what they are doing and also remembers parts of the story that her dad and I have read to her, and adds her own twist on it too which is quite amusing especially when she is shouting at "Kwistafa Worbin" to come down and bring her some socks (",)
We played a fun game with some socks. We pretended to be each character in the book and used the sock/socks how they did. We had alot of fun, especially pretending to be Tigger and trying to get both of gg's feet into one sock because she kept falling down laughing (",)
Here's a few pics from our Winnie the Pooh Christmas play:
PIGLET'S: New stocking cap
TIGGER'S: Stripedy sleeping bag
RABBIT'S: Colour co-ordinated carrot cover (we used a toy chicken lol)
OWL'S: Wind-sock which provided information to prevent him from the occassional crash-landing (we put the sock on gg's fairy wand and she went outside and checked the wind speed)
On the second page of the book Pooh is decorating his christmas tree, and he has done so by hanging honey pots all over his tree with candles inside each one. Now I loved this picture, that is why I got this from the library; that and because gg kept telling me she wanted it! I love this picture because it gave me a link up to an activity I really wanted to do from the blog Reading Confetti, Jar luminaries. which are basically empty jars with foil wrapped around them that have a pattern cut through them and a tealight inside giving off a fantastic festive glow.
You will need:
- Empty jars
- Foil
- Toothpicks
- Towel
- Tea lights
- Tape
- Fold foil in half
- Place on towel for protection
- Make pattern by poking with a toothpick
- Unfold foil
- Wrap around jar and tape
- Put in tealight
- Turn off your lights
Now I got a bit too excited with this and thought I would make a fantastic one so I got a pair of scissors and started cutting the foil as you do to make a snow flake. Well it looked quite good that was until I switched the lights off and the big gaps didn't diffuse the light as the other two jars did that gg made using the toothpick.










I think Eeyore's tail warmer is my favorite! How adorable is that??? Those are some really gorgeous homemade lanterns, too! I love reading these crafty posts of yours :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Nikki. Eyores tail is my fav too (",)
ReplyDelete